To view and apply for one of the vacancies below click on the vacancies link below or click on the MobiZone Link below if you are applying using your cellphone.
- Cane Testing Service: Technical Support Analyst
- External Affairs Division: Sustainability Manager
- Finance Division: Procurement Sourcing Specialist
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Accounting (National Diploma/BCom Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Agronomy (BSc Geographic Information System Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Analytical Chemistry (National Diploma/BSc Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Biotechnology In-Service Training (National Diploma/BSc Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Business Administration (National Diploma/BCom Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Geographic Information System (BSc Geographic Information System Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Horticulture (National Diploma/BSc Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Information Technology (National Diploma/BSc Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Pathology (BSc Plant Pathology Degree or BSc Microbiology Degree)
- Graduate/In-Service & Work Experience Opportunities: Plant Breeding (BSc Genomics, Genetics & Bioinformatics Degree)
Warning to Job Seekers against Recruiting Scams
Thank you for your interest shown towards the South African Sugar Association (SASA). We encourage you to explore job opportunities at SASA and to review openings that are listed on our website careers page and on Career Junction. We also encourage you to be wary of internet, email and telephone scams in which fraudsters may try to take advantage of job seekers by pretending to represent prominent companies, including the South African Sugar Association. Intended victims may be invited to participate in bogus interviews, asked to fill out fabricated employment applications and, on occasion, have even been issued fake offer letters, all with the ultimate goal of trying to entice victims to pay money or divulge sensitive personal information. Please note you will never to be asked to pay money to submit an application, attend an interview or receive a position at SASA. You are free to contact Whistle Blowers on 0800 204 544 or email email@example.com if you think that a communication or career opportunity that you have received from SASA may not be legitimate.
“The industry is a major contributor to rural development, an area often neglected in an urbanizing society. This holistic approach includes the promotion of economic transformation, social investment and sustainable environmental practices.”
Internships at SASA
The South African Sugar Association offers internship opportunities within its divisions in order to expose students to the workplace and gain valuable work experience. For example, the South African Sugarcane Research Institute offers internships in Research, Extension and related areas such as Environmental Management and Knowledge Management. To qualify, students must have completed a diploma or degree at a recognised tertiary institution. The internship programme starts with a one year contract where the student will work on a specified project. Should the project be successfully completed, and should the intern have performed to required standards, the internship is extended for a second year. In their second year, interns will be required to perform more complex work and meet more stringent performance standards. At the end of the second year, the intern and work requirements are again evaluated, this time in terms of their suitability for post-graduate studies.Selections for the 2019 internship programme will begin later this year. At that time, instructions for application will appear on this page.
For further information, please follow one of the links below: